Really great pulp game. Memorable characters, good humour and lots of fun.
Life’s Too Short (Playdate)
The Christmas spin-off to Life's Too Short is available NOW! https://olliecoe.itch.io/lifes-too-short-a-christmas-spirit-playdate
In Life's Too Short, you take on the role of a celestial marriage councillor as you're tasked with repairing a rift between two vampires who have dramatically fallen out and confined themselves to their respective coffins...
You'll need to explore the mansion, meet various spooky characters and solve simple puzzles in order to put the mansion back together and mend the rift in the vampires' relationship!
Please note: The game does not have a save function (Because I can't figure it out yet...) but I'm hoping that as you progress and learn the puzzle solutions that if you need to come back you can quickly whip back through...
Also, please be gentle with any bugs that might arise! I'll be adding updates as and when these come up.
- V1.1: Update to the ending music
- V1.2: Small gameplay tweaks
Early reviews & kind comments:
- “Well , I like it!” Abbie (Ollie’s partner)
- "Life’s Too Short was really really good. It’s reminds me of Maniac Mansion." Seacreak
- "Short but charming. Worth a look." Callmesteam
- "Absolutely loved it. Great puzzles and comedy." SideScrollFrank
- "Played and completed it this evening, great game! My favourite non-season title to date." vimto_boy
- "This game was a lot of fun! It really reminds me of one of my favorite games, Hugo's House of Horrors." hmhrex
- SquidGodDev for teaching me most of what I know about Pulp (www.youtube.com/c/SquidGodDev)
- Ben Perry (Beanpear) for the awesome ending music
- Abbie for coming up with the name (And some decent ideas)
- Everyone who helped test the game and give feedback
- The Playdate Discord community for being awesome
- Neven for being the awesomeist
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Just completed, enjoyed the humor of this fun little game! Party on
delightful game - enjoyed every minute of it. Very funny narrative and nice little creepy world :)
Just played through this. Very fun! Nice work.
I can't wait to play it! Buying it now!!
wonderful little world, and really got into this game… I was thinking about returning my Playdate as I didn’t like the games in the season so far, but I absolutely love this one! Thank you and hope to see more from you (already got Time from Earth)
That means a lot, thanks so much! There are lots of awesome games coming out of a really lovely community so it’s definitely worth sticking around for! I’ll be starting something new soon!
Wonderful little game! charming - fun sense of humor - thank you!
Why can't I give the mouse cheese? 😭
A nice short story of a game that made me smile and had me thinking. It's a great showcase for learning to make things in Pulp. I recommend it.
Short and sweet. You'll wander around the haunted mansion looking for items, solving puzzles, and being charmed. It's not long, but it's a nice little treat.
Great puzzle game with a pretty funny story. Worth more than a dollar. Would love to be able to save during the game though.
A fun little adventure that plays perfectly on the play date. The humor is great and the overall package was well worth the $1. Can’t wait to see what the dev makes next.
Every version released so far has the version number 0.0.0 in the sideloader and no version number in Settings>Games on the console. The result is that new versions in the sideloader aren't detected when checking for updates on the console.
Really enjoyed this, a great little well designed adventure game!
If you go to the backyard after cleaning off the table without the bone, it is possible to dodge the dog by quickly stepping to the side, which causes the game to crash when the dog reaches the bottom.
Thank you! I’ll take a look
This game was a lot of fun! It really reminds me of one of my favorite games, Hugo's House of Horrors (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo's_House_of_Horrors). Can't wait to see what you make next!