Another fine but more ambitious adventure! I know I already told you I liked it but I thought I'd add another comment here to prove that I mean it haha. Great work!
Time From Earth (Playdate)
The year is 2052...Following the Global Peace Treaty and formation of the Global Space Agency, Physis 5 is on a mission to discover our next home...
As the newbie, you'll be meeting the crew and helping out where you can as you search for a planet suitable for sustaining human life whilst Earth recovers...
Time From Earth is a narrative adventure game where you'll:
- Experience a day-to-day system, speaking to everyone & completing tasks and at the end of the day, head back to the accommodation to start the next day
- Play through simple mini-games to help maintain the ship
- Learn about what's happened in the 30 years between now and flight of Physis 5
- Uncover a mystery onboard the ship...
The game features a simple save system which records which day you're on at the end of each day. So it's advised to finish a day before quitting...
Here's some great comments from players:
- "...brings back memories of being lost for hours (in a good way) in early GameBoy titles." somayweall
- "...a great story with puzzles game." jarrodl
- "Imagine a tiny Mass Effect, only just the chatting and getting to know people part. In miniature, 2D and monochrome." finglonger
Overall, each day takes 5-10 minutes with the game lasting just over an hour. So it's snackable or bingeable!
- Ben Perry (Beanpear) for the awesome sound & music
- Elliott Coe for the initial concept and co-development
- SquidGodDev for teaching me most of what I know about Pulp (www.youtube.com/c/SquidGodDev)
- Everyone who helped test the game and give feedback
- The Playdate Discord community for being awesome
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Ready for launch...Jul 25, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hey - just added a review for the game. Enjoyed it!
One tiny issue I encountered - when you get to the last day, if you walk off and talk to others around the ship after talking to everyone else, you then can’t talk to Naomi again and finish the day. Works fine after quitting out and restarting though, so nothing terminal!
I'm looking forward to this. I really enjoyed Life's Too Short. Thanks.